- Residents learn to competently perform evaluation and treatment of Geriatric patients in a variety of settings. They will work with multi-disciplinary care teams and play a role in care coordination across a continuum of care. Residents will work with patients and families and become comfortable leading discussions about advanced care planning.
- During this rotation, the resident will self-schedule 3 of the half-days.
- Residents gain a great introduction to Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACEs) while rotating at Providence ElderPlace.
- Residents have time set aside for Geriatric panel review of their continuity patients.
- Residents attend multi-disciplinary hospice conference and then join a hospice physician for home hospice visits.
- This rotation is in addition to the longitudinal geriatric curriculum.